It’s been documented numerous times the benefits of saunas and steam rooms. Possibly after a long workout session? Or as an relaxing way to burn a few calories? However you use these rooms it’s clear they are doing something right for your body. Let’s take a look at the top 5 reasons why you need to feel the heat this year.
- It strengthens the mind – In a recent study from the University of Eastern Finland members who regularly used saunas had lower rates of dementia compared to infrequent users. Frequent users also benefited from lower rates of hypertension and cardiac arrest.
- It’s therapeutic – Relaxing in a sauna can do wonders for your blood pressure and helps calm the mind after psyching yourself up for a long gym session. When it’s time to unwind it’s really important to take the time to slow down and centre yourself.
- Great for your muscles – Once again after vigorous exercise you need to ensure you cool down correctly to avoid the aches and pains of the morning after. Steam rooms will help loosen up your muscles after a long work out and help you wind down correctly. You’ll never have to fear leg day again.
- Dramatically improve your Heart health – Frequent users of saunas benefited from lower rates of hypertension and cardiac arrest. A new study, published in the European Journal of Preventive Cardiology, showed that time in a sauna reduced participants systolic blood pressure from 137 to 130 mmHg. Although if you do suffer from heart problications you should start off with a low heat and do your research!
- It burns calories – You can sweat away those extra few pounds a fraction at a time though frequent use of saunas and steam rooms. It doesn’t build up muscles, but it can slim you down for the summer season, so you can confidently stride down the beach in style.
Throughout the years there have been a tremendous support for mental health; and the relaxing nature of steam and sauna rooms are a commodity that needs to be highlighted for 2018. They are proven health benefits throughout a number of studies, so there is no reason to delay. A healthy way to relax is just around the corner. Get it touch and find out how you can take away those benefits from the comfort of your own home.