Hot tubs have never been so popular, and it’s easy to see why. For thousands of years’ the
health benefits of hydrotherapy have been well documented and researched. So, as well as
being a pretty cool addition to your garden, there are endless reasons to invest in one.
Here are our Top 5 Health Benefits to have a Hot Tub…
● Reduce stress – Sitting in a hot tub can relax you both physically and mentally. Just
20 minutes in a hot tub can relax tense muscles and ease away the stress from a
busy day. Relax with your friends or family and allow your worries to drift away.
● Ease muscle pain – Heat therapy helps increase blood flow, stimulate healing and
relax muscles. Using a hot tub can be beneficial both before and after exercise. The
water pressure inside the jets allows for a high pressure water massage, this can
help with stretching before exercise, and can aid the healing and recovery process
● Improve circulation - Spending time in a hot tub is a great idea for those of us with
poor circulation. The heat of the water dilates the blood vessels, which helps the
blood to flow. The Arthritis Foundation recommended hydrotherapy as it works
wonders for all kinds of musculoskeletal conditions, including fibromyalgia, arthritis
and lower back pain.
● It can help you sleep – Relaxing in hot water, 2 – 3 hours before you fall asleep can
aid a restful night. This happens because it rises your body temperature, which is
followed by a drop once you leave the hot tub. This drop causes the release of
endorphins, making you feel relaxed, restful and prepared for a good night’s sleep.
● Promotes healthier looking skin – As mentioned, using a hot tub can help reduce
stress and anxiety, and in turn this can have a positive effect on your skin. Circulation
is also improved, and this increased blood flow delivers essential nutrients and
increased oxygen to your skin.
Here at Elite Spa and Leisure we have a wide range of hot tubs to suit all budgets, why not
come and visit one of our showrooms to find out more information.